Dive doctor list.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TjRjn

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone tell me (or point me in the right direction) if there is a world wide list of doctors qualified in dive related injuries?

To my knowledge, the closest thing to what you are asking is the database that DAN keeps. I think DAN Europe would be your resource: DAN Europe - Home

To my knowledge, the closest thing to what you are asking is the database that DAN keeps. I think DAN Europe would be your resource: DAN Europe - Home

I did look at the DAN site first but couldn't find any reference. :depressed:

No, they don't make a list public. You have to contact them and ask.

The DAN physician network is a joke, IMHO. As a DAN member I called DAN for a physician referral after my barotrauma. DAN had exactly one physician in their "network" in the entire state of California and nowhere near me.

The DAN physician network is a joke, IMHO. As a DAN member I called DAN for a physician referral after my barotrauma. DAN had exactly one physician in their "network" in the entire state of California and nowhere near me.

FWIW, I've found the exact opposite from DAN. I was having some sinus pressure issues after diving a few years ago and the folks at DAN were extremely helpful in discussing the situation with me and recommended several dive physicians for me to contact. At the time, I wasn't even a member.

Can anyone tell me (or point me in the right direction) if there is a world wide list of doctors qualified in dive related injuries?

Hi TjRjn,

Be aware that DAN Europe's diving doctor referral base is very thin to non-existant in locations such as Turkey.

You might wish to contact the Haydarpaşa Training Hospital, Department of Underwater and Hyperbaric Medicine (syildiz@gata.edu.tr). Also, Kalkan Divers (info@kalkan-divers.com).

Regards,

DocVikingo

Hi TjRjn,

Be aware that DAN Europe's diving doctor referral base is very thin to non-existant in locations such as Turkey.

You might wish to contact the Haydarpaşa Training Hospital, Department of Underwater and Hyperbaric Medicine (syildiz@gata.edu.tr). Also, Kalkan Divers (info@kalkan-divers.com).

Regards,

DocVikingo

Many thanks. :cool3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom