Diving Curacao in November/ dive buddy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zenpash

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've booked a flight to Curacao Nov 16-24 but have'nt chosen a dive operation or accomodations as yet...will finalize this week if any one has a recommendation or is going to be there at that time. Drop me a line..I plan to do as many boat / shore dives that time will permit.

I have a similar issue. I'm going on jan 2013, and someone at my thread told me to go to Lions Dive bar, if I want to find a buddy.
regards, Otavio.

... and I'm right in between you guys ... going in December and staying at Lion's Dive. I'll be on their boat every morning but looking for someone to go shorediving with in the afternoon. So the bar is a good place to troll for a dive buddy?

The issue is really more that Lion's Dive is now about the only dive resort left since both Sunset Waters and Habitat Curacao closed a few years ago. Except maybe All West Apts. in Westpunt - there seems to be a higher than normal ratio of divers/non-divers there. Most of the other resorts - many of whom have on-site dive operators, cater more to other tourists. Even Lions Dive seems to to a certain extent. Or there's the Dive Bus.

When my husband and I have been in Curacao it was common that we were approached(especially at Porto Marie and Cas Abao)by solo divers who wanted somebody to dive with. Always worked out great because six eyes are better than four for finding some goodies. At your more frequented dive sites you may want to consider this route as well.

micktrick1@hotmail.com

E-Mail Mick Bosman at the above e-mail address. He can do guided dives for you. He is a PADI/DSAT Trimix instructor and has lived on the island about seven years.

I've booked a flight to Curacao Nov 16-24 but have'nt chosen a dive operation or accomodations as yet...will finalize this week if any one has a recommendation or is going to be there at that time. Drop me a line..I plan to do as many boat / shore dives that time will permit.

There are a lot of nice dive spots on the island. And it depends on what your wishes are. A lot of travelling to the divespot you may consider a lost of time due to the short time on the island. CURious2DIVE only dives in small groups and they have a pick up service. No bother with a taxi.
Nice spots like the tugboat (a wreck, a wall, deep, shallow and lots of sealife and corals) or Directorsbay with a garden of corals, gorgonians and fish. Or Double reef, Blue Bay, Vaersenbay or Snakebay. Butr also the west is part of trhe schedule. It can all be done but not in one day.
If you need to know more about the dive operators on the island take a look at the review sites Tripadvisor or Scubadvisor.

Back
Top Bottom