ScubaBoarders Invade the S/Y Philippine Siren 2013!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully you can join us!! SBer's are a great community of divers!!!
Happy diving!

Wow. My wife is a non diver from Cebu. She just told me that time frame is also Sinulog. We could part ways in Manila for 10 days, and Grandma could spend time with our son.

If I were sure that Lynne and drbill were going to be there, that would make it that much more tempting. Would enjoy meeting these folks, and I know I would enjoy diving with them.

Two major hurdles ... logistics from work, and the public school gods annointing the time off for my son. I've dived from Borocay and it was fantastic. Maybe the best ever. I so much want to do this.

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:56 AM ----------

I'm working on putting together a few stops if possible, and have some SB parties in a couple places in the Philippines if possible. Will let everyone know when I get more details. Any suggestions, ideas, or help is greatly appreciated!

Will your trip be stopping in Manila? Fancy get-together with the PPD faction of Scubaboard? Even better.. a stop in Batangas/Anilao/Mabini for a big trans-pacific SB dive-in?

I'm working on putting together a few stops if possible, and have some SB parties in a couple places in the Philippines if possible. Will let everyone know when I get more details. Any suggestions, ideas, or help is greatly appreciated!

do give us a heads-up, i just had dinner and drinks with some of the original PPD crowd (c. 2006!), we're older, wiser, but no less pasaway hahaha

Jag

Just booked the second leg of this trip.

If you book you will want to quote this thread to get the price indicated.

Anything planned in Batangas/Anilo for after the 29th?

Wow, the Siren fleet is also starting up here in Palau right now (M/V Palau Siren) --and is booked solid for 18 months ahead. For what I saw of the liveaboard here in Palau (SamsTours anchorage), the Philippine sister ship should be a fine boat as well. . . !
:wink:

I was on the Siren in the Philippines, a year ago, but we did the Coron Bay and Apo Reef back to back trips. Fabulous boat and crew. I hope you have the same chef we did!

---------- Post Merged at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Just be careful when you get in the boats. They were good at getting the sea snakes out in the morning. They like to crawl through the scuppers and sleep in the boats

W-IMG_8280.jpg

Philippine waters are fabulous!

wa-improvedIMG_7650.jpg

w-improvedIMG_8052.jpg

w-improvedIMG_7754.jpg

w-improvedIMG_8747.jpg

You'll have fun, the PI are a fantastic place to dive. Been there 5 times. However, $35 for a massage is a absolutely absurd price for the Philippines; onboard or not!!!!

Got to agree with Pony. I dived Sunset, Sabang and Puerto Galera earlier in June and had a fantastic time but massages were<$10....unless its a "special"?

Sniff... much as I'd like to, I can't make this trip due to scheduling conflicts. Plan to get to the Philippines during Feb or March though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom