Good Local Shallow Dive Sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can always start in Sombrero and let the current take you to Beatrice....

Wow! And with real drift diving to boot. Now, I'm really ashamed why after all this time I haven't been to the Anilao area.
11.gif

Thanks koya caloy!

I'm not sure if it will be to your taste but I find Dive & Trek to be very newbie friendly. Lots of critters scattered around, chances of spotting Jacks or Trevallies are high. You might also like to try Ligpo or Aquaventure

yes Dive n trek is nice for newbies as you may do several dive profiles in Dive n trek, you can plan for shallow and you may plan for 30 meters .

at 31 to 32 meters near Bat cave. you may spot a group of snappers there. not for newbie tho as you may need to deal with some current

while 30 meters right infront on some crevices you may chance on bitsy shark

if you want some challenge just straight off the andy area there is a mound there where the buoy is set. over at the deep end you may go around the wall and may chance on several schools if your the first maybe even chance on the greeen turtles resting by near by the cross.

but Dive N tek is 45 mins ride to Beatrice.

but i do like the Sombrero to Beatrice drift. do it on a sunny day .

oh by the way, if its mid day to afternoon and some wind, the exit after Beatrice dive would be quite an effort. hehehhehe you'll see. hahahhaha it adds to the memorable experience of diving the site.

Last edited:
Wow! Another set of tips. I keep getting valuable information form the people here. Thanks guys. Really appreciated.

Hopefully, I get to meet you someday and maybe even hit the water together. That is if you don't mind diving with seemingly forever newbies like myself. :D

Wow! Another set of tips. I keep getting valuable information form the people here. Thanks guys. Really appreciated.

Hopefully, I get to meet you someday and maybe even hit the water together. That is if you don't mind diving with seemingly forever newbies like myself. :D

wow... that last comment so reminds me of when the PPD started - we said the same thing hahahaha!

now we're old... well pao and caloy are... the rest of us are just more mature

Jag

Hmmmm.. so what is White Balance, master? :D

Just joking guys. Being into photography myself, I am familiar with this one.

Notwithstanding, I'm pretty sure I'll have more questions for you in the future. And it comforts me knowing that the masters here will always be happy to listen (or read) and help.

Thanks again guys.

Back
Top Bottom