Dry suit hose free flows air when not connected to suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceanid06

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just used my dry suit after a years hiatus. I noticed that when I disconnect the hose from the suit there is free flow from my tank. I rinsed it well after the dive thinking there was sand or something caught in the in the coupling but it did it again when I connected my reg to another cylinder and turned the air on. Any suggestions, I am a dry suit novice and might be missing something. Thanks

There is a schrader valve in the end of the hose. It is probably corroded and stuck open. With the proper tool and a valve (should not be much more than a dollar for the part) it is about a 30 second repair.

Yea, you usually need a long stem version of a common tire stem tool. Once you get it out you can see if you are dealing with a grain of sand or corrosion. Get a package of Shraeder valves or borrow one from your spare tire. Your BC QD connector probably uses the same gizmo.

Pete

I had the same thing happen at the dive site and didn't have the valve tool. But I was able to reach in and tighten the valve using the tweezers included in a swiss army knife.

I had the same thing happen at the dive site and didn't have the valve tool. But I was able to reach in and tighten the valve using the tweezers included in a swiss army knife.

I never go anywhere without my Swiss army knife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom