PST HP Steel Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paleface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Would you buy PST HP Tanks today and feel comfortable that the exemption will be renewed in 2015??? I found a deal on a set of doubles,but its not a deal if I only get to use the tanks for three years. Thanks Keith

Three years is a lot of diving. I'd feel comfortable getting a "deal" on PST doubles, knocking down a few hundred dives on them and then having to turn em in for scrap in a couple of years. But that probably boils down to how much you dive to average down the cost/use.

Would you buy PST HP Tanks today and feel comfortable that the exemption will be renewed in 2015???

Yes, I would.

Even if PST fails to renew the DOT exemption you can file for a personal use exemption with the DOT if needed. I have a pair of 100s and I am not turning loose of them. Not sure about Canada (for those north of the boarder reading this).

This is new to me, I have a set of PST HP 120s, what's happening "down there" with DOT?

Even if PST fails to renew the DOT exemption you can file for a personal use exemption with the DOT if needed. I have a pair of 100s and I am not turning loose of them. Not sure about Canada (for those north of the boarder reading this).

Will anybody fill them with this or do you need to have your own compressor? I have two 120's and was told I am pooched if it does not get renewed (it means nothing apparently if the US get renewed if ours does not). I figured I would go out and buy a whole lot of paper for them to hold down if that happens.

I have two sets of PST 108s and they are my favorite cylinders. I'd buy them in a second. If you don't buy them let me know, I'll pick them up and resell for profit :)

There are old threads on this but (IIRC) should PST fail to renew the USA DOT manufacturer's exemption you can file for a personal user exemption for your tanks. You would then have a copy of the exemption form on file where you fill your tanks and/or present it when having them filled or hydro tested. Speculation at the time of the the last renewel was with so many PST tanks out there that DOT would probably grant a blanket exemption rather deal with a flood of paperwork from owner requests. I do not know if any provision for personal exemptions is possible in Canada.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!! I'll get them and hope for long term use :)

Back
Top Bottom