DUI suit zipper direction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have owned two DUI suit, both have the dry zippers going from left shoulder to right hip when zipping up. When I volunteered in Monterey DUI demo day, I notice suits also come in zippers in the other direction (going from right hip to left shoulder zipping up). In this suits, the zipper kind of wrap around a little at the right hip area, seem making a bigger opening for don/doff. So I wonder if the zipper direction is the newer DUI design. What is the read advantage of reversing the zipping direction?

You have the older, "Classic" design(me too). I think the newer version is supposed to be easier to get into, but it can leave the slider laying right under the left shoulder strap of your harness.

so when did DUI make that switch to newer zipper design? I seem to remember seeing suit older than mine got the reversed direction zipper. Does being cave cut have anything to do with this?

Back
Top Bottom