Dump Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocscoffer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is the dump valve on your BCD only meant to be used in emergencies?

Is the dump valve on your BCD only meant to be used in emergencies?

On my BP/w, that is my primary dump valve and my low pressure inflater is my backup. When you are in trim (horizontal) you just lift your ass up and pull the string as needed. So it can be used, and give it a try. Hope that helps

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you Broct!

If you get one of the Aqualung i3 BCs (Pro QD i3, Axiom i3, Dimension i3, Pearl i3, Lotus i3), the dump valves are the only valves, and are both opened by the deflate mechanism. (They can also be operated manually if needed, as in other BCs.) So certainly not emergency only.

On my Balance BCD, on descent, I use both the inflator pull dump on my left shoulder and the dump on my right shoulder at the same time. I don't think of any of the dump valves are emergency items. Perhaps the word "dump" is misleading in this colloquial usage. Deflation valve is probably more accurate.

Use both depending on the situation. I use my butt dump more often, but I'll use the inflator hose dump when I need to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom