Manta Night Dive Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubanoobi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Folks,

I'm going to be on the Big Island the first two weeks of October and looking for some recommendations for the manta night dive. I already have my other dives booked but the dive op I booked with doesn't offer the night dive. I'm just looking for a 1-tank dive. I'll be about 40 minutes north of Kona but expect to head down to Kona for the dive.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Just about everybody leaves from that marina.

My buddy went with Kona Diving Co. but there will be other dive operators in the same area every night. Snorkelers can go also, the Mantas will follow the lights almost all the way to the surface. Jack's Diving Locker is another option. You might consider the Pelagic Magic night dive also.

I really enjoyed my 2-tank Manta trip with Kona Dive Company. My favorite dive charter company out of the approx. 10 that I have been out with. I highly recommend that you do the 2-tank, as dive #1 for me was one of my most favorite dives to date. Might be because I saw my first Flying Gunard, and the reef is just starting to go to sleep at the time of the first dive. Either way, its a dont miss dive.

I dove with Kona Honu Divers & everything was great! Experienced personable crew...everything promised & no surprises. They take you to a proven site. I'm sure others are good too but I'd avoid the ones that just take you to the Sheraton (or whatever it's called now...) You should check the prices online and only book with one that posts how many mantas they spot each night. At least one of the operators always go to the Sheraton site because it's closest & easiest, even when they haven't seen a manta for a night or two. You can view those yourself for free... I'd also avoid those that double with snorkelers and divers on the same boat...that compromises both groups.

Thanks everyone, Kona Honu was my #1 choice after doing some research last night, after a couple of recommendations for them, I think my mind is made. Can't wait!

Thanks everyone, Kona Honu was my #1 choice after doing some research last night, after a couple of recommendations for them, I think my mind is made. Can't wait!
Good choice, I will be using Kona Honu for the 3rd time for the Manta Night Dive. Great staff and a comfortable boat, you will have a great time:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom