Hello from Muscat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abdullah

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Diving every weekend in the vicinity of lovely Muscat Oman. Mostly boat dives with the local dive centers. But also shore dives between Muscat and Sur - there are some great dive spots that can be reached with a saloon car and a short surface swim.

I've been diving since 1977 and certified since 2005 (PADI). Have been reading SB for a year - thought I should sign up so I can join the frackus.

My current certification is PADI AOW/Rescue/Deep/Nitrox/S&R, and am currently in both DM and Tec training (you can never know enough). My long term goal is to dive the U-boat off Fujairah UAE, but I'm a "ways" off from diving to 110 meters.

hello and welcome to site .....you are welcome to dive with me me in pakistan....whenever you are here.....keep in touch

Oman really is a hiddle jewel for diving. It's tropical, has great coral diversity, occasional whale sharks, and many really lovely sites can be seen within a short distance from Muscat. It's also easy to talk a fisherman into taking you out for a few bucks if you don't want to splurge on a cattle boat. Too many good opportunities. Down side is visibility won't be crystal most days. Average is 10-15 meters with some days 30 meters, and occasionally less than 5.

Hi Abdullah,
I'm visiting Muscat in the end of March. Do you have any suggestions for dive shop, dive sites, resort/hotel, etc? What will the water temp be in the last week of March?

Thank you very much!
Stephanie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom