Diver recovered after 13 years

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water is heaviest at 4 degrees Celsius (39 F) and that is the temperature at all ocean and deep lake bottoms. Water at that temperature simply sinks and stay there. Now we don't have to assume anymore.

So, a mole of water at 4 deg. C is heavier than a mole of water vapor? :wink: (think you mean "densest") This thread is full of pedants! :)

Actually, 4 degrees C = 39 degrees F. Not quite freezing, but very cold.

Sounds pretty freezing cold to me. Brrrrr!

It's 4 Kelvin. No such thing as 4 degrees Kelvin.

I want to know which dive shop is filling liquid hydrogen.

Getting back on topic since it seems I started this :dork2: How many would want to be recovered if they died doing what they loved? Does any one know if the tank still showed pressure, or if they plan on doing an autopsy since the body seemed to be well preserved?

I would want to be recovered if possible for the sake of my family and for future divers. I would hate to have my rotting body continue to ruin dives for people and disturb them. For my part, I don't care as I will be gone. I would NOT want anyone to risk their life to haul me up or look for me.

I would want to be recovered if possible for the sake of my family and for future divers. I would hate to have my rotting body continue to ruin dives for people and disturb them. For my part, I don't care as I will be gone. I would NOT want anyone to risk their life to haul me up or look for me.

I'm speaking from this case, and this case only. It wasn't decaying and ruining it for other divers, it was a depth that few divers go, it had been seen over the years, so there was no recovery attempt, so no one was risking their life looking for him.

I think my girlfriend would insist on it, seeing how she would be have a hard time breathing under the weight of my body.

Just tell here to roll over with your last words, then you can continue on in the afterlife :wink:

So, a mole of water at 4 deg. C is heavier than a mole of water vapor? :wink: (think you mean "densest") This thread is full of pedants! :)

Spoken like an engineer! :)

However, can we use pedants to describe people when the minutiae they're pushing are incorrect? :)

For example -- and with apologies for being pedantic -- aren't these folks mixing up mass and weight here too? Using your example, shouldn't we explain to them that the mass of a mole of lake water is "constant;" however, its volume per unit mass -- its density -- is not, and is related to its temperature?

Oh, boy! LOL

We found a body here at just above 400ft and were quite prepared to recover it - it had been there 7 years - but the widow showed no interest and no-one could be found to pay the costs of recovery. So it's still there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom