Student rescued at Whidbey Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am so glad to hear she made it to Harborview. I will be holding good thoughts for her recovery. We tried as hard as we could.

UPDATE CLASSMATES: It is with a sad heart that I am telling you this news. After the warming process, Deb's family was given the news that she has no brain activity and they will begin turning the machines off. Deb is an organ donor so they are taking care of this process. Even in her passing, she is still giving.

When I know more information I will pass it along. Thanks for the prayers and support.

I was one of the rescuers/responders and very sad to hear this news.

My heart goes out to Deb's family and friends and to the instructor and classmates, this can not be easy for any of them.

John, please pass on our thoughts and heartfelt support to her family.

Koos

What Koos said . . . very, very sad and sorry for the family.

If it helps at all, I am an ER doc, and I don't think anything could have been done better or faster than it was done, especially given where we were.

Sorry to hear all your efforts to save her did not pay off.
Condolences to the family.

Do we know if it was the instructor, or a student who pulled her to shore? I didnt ask since I didnt wanna hassle the guy for information during such a hectic and trying event. Although I thought he did a great job composing himself after getting out of the water

Her dive buddy and instructor had to fight that current to get her to shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom