Lake Travis-9/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM Gary

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be in the Austin area on Sept 10-12 and was hoping to get a couple of dives in at Lake Travis with my sister. I talked to Robert from Lake Travis Scuba and he said he might get the boat out on Tuesday the 11th if there was enough interest. If anyone wants to join us, give him a call.

I could certainly meet you guys on one or more of those nights. Shore diving at Manfield dam is $10 a car and $8 a head at Windy Point. Boats are nice to avoid the climb down to and up from the water and for getting to sites you otherwise can't get to. However, if this is your first time visiting Lake Travis you can certainly have some fun from the shore on the cheap.

I've dived Travis quite a bit but I've only been on the Giant Stride once and I really enjoyed that. We're talking about getting a couple of dives in at Mansfield that morning/afternoon then maybe a 2 tank trip on the boat that evening.

I understand Travis is down 30+ feet.....?

More like 45'.

Still, I got a dive in at Mansfield on Wednesday and 2 last night ( Old scuba park and Oasis Wall ). Going to get 2 more in tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom