Best place to take AOW in the MD/VA/DC area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevmo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey guys... just wondering if ya'll have any recommendations on a dive shop preferably in MD (i'm from anne arundell county) that's a good place to take AOW.... and generally how much to expect to pay for the course... Thanks!

so far from me! price?... dates?

It really depends on where you live, and how far you would like to travel. In Maryland, there isn't too many. I have heard really good things about Southern Maryland Divers, and Atlantic Edge in Edgewater, MD (south of Annapolis). Northern Baltimore there is Divers Den. Once again, I heard good things. There are a few others in MD that are OK. My personal favorite in MD is Blue Marble Divers, in Hagerstown, MD. It is a drive for me since I live in closer to Annapolis, but fantastic people out there. The Dive Shop in Fairfax is absolutely fantastic, though can be a little pricey compared to some others (its Fairfax, enough said), and further west is VA scuba, another great shop. Hope this helps a bit.

Kev:

I don't know what the full courses are like, but my girlfriend and I took a refresh class through Aqua Ventures up in Cockeysville and were really pleased. Michael (the store owner & instructor) was a really nice guy who came off as very competent while still keeping things relaxed. We're thinking of taking the rescue diver course together and if we do it'll be through Aqua Ventures.

I second Aquaventures as being awesome. Divers Den in Balto also runs a tight operation (ask for Mike S if you go with them). Avoid Scuba Hut in Glen Burnie.

My wife and I are doing AOW in Sept with Spencer at SemperDive (semperdive.net). I think we have 4 in the class, and he might be looking for one or two more. One man/family PADI operation out of Burke VA. We're finishing our OW with him next weekend, the whole family did discover with him also. My wife was having some trouble and Spencer spent a bunch of extra time with her. Got me a dive buddy! Gets my full recommendation!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom