G'Day, Eh? from Kamloops Canada,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

obtunded

New
Reaction score
Well, I am brand spanking new to scuba, in fact so new I have not yet certified..... I have done resort pool dives and such, and I was born with fins. My wife and I both turn 50 this fall, and we have decided that we are going to have a trip of a lifetime and we want to go to the South Pacific (we have chosen Fiji), to a dive resort and want to become certified down there. Actually, my wife dove for many years in a previous life, but we wish to PADI certify whilst down there.

I will have MANY noob questions, and I am sure I will ask many stupid ones along the way, but all the same I am looking forward to participating and learning!

Cheers!

Ian

Ian,

Welcome to the world of diving. By chance, I actually was certified in Kamloops at Ocean Pacific Watersports about 4 years ago. Please use this board to your advantage as you will find a wealth of knowledge here. I hope that you have an excellent adventure as a diver!

-- Travis

Welcome to diving, Ian, and to :sblogo:!

I appreciate your desire to get certified on your trip, but are you aware that you live within arm's reach of some of the best diving in the world? Yes, it's cold; when I got certified here in Seattle, I insisted that I would do the classroom and pool work here, but my husband had to take me to Maui to do the open water dives, because by God, I was never setting foot in Puget Sound.

One of the best dive trips I've taken in the last 7 years was to God's Pocket, at the north end of Vancouver Island. The diving there rivals anything I have seen in the tropics for color, and nothing in the tropics can touch it for density of life. Take a look at my friend's photo album from our trip last year, to see what Canadian diving can offer. (In addition, if you get certified at home, you won't have to take several days out of your vacation to spend in class!)

A big welcome! Don't forget there is some interesting diving in your backyard.....maybe not like Fiji, but interesting.Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom