miflex carbon HD hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

arthurmnev

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know myflex had some bad press recently (recall and all); so I wanted to ask: does anyone have any good / bad information on carbon hd and and their Xtreme-hi editions.

I'm thinking of swapping out rubber hoses that came with computer / regulator / backup SPG and wanted to ping the community to see if anyone had anything good / bad to say about it.

so far I saw someone post:
1) that braided hoses tend to catch hair (I wish to God I had that problem :p)
2) there was a connector issue where hoses were blowing up -- US based recall fixed that I think
3) someone posted that connection to cobra computer was a bit leaky due to short metal part of the hose -- I'm using mares...

anything else that I'm missing?

XS Scuba Miflex High Pressure Carbon Hoses

I know myflex had some bad press recently (recall and all); so I wanted to ask: does anyone have any good / bad information on carbon hd and and their Xtreme-hi editions.

I'm thinking of swapping out rubber hoses that came with computer / regulator / backup SPG and wanted to ping the community to see if anyone had anything good / bad to say about it.

so far I saw someone post:
1) that braided hoses tend to catch hair (I wish to God I had that problem :p)
2) there was a connector issue where hoses were blowing up -- US based recall fixed that I think
3) someone posted that connection to cobra computer was a bit leaky due to short metal part of the hose -- I'm using mares...

anything else that I'm missing?

XS Scuba Miflex High Pressure Carbon Hoses

I'm using MIFLEX on the LP hoses, but I'm not confortable with the HPs. Recall "fixed" or not. They do look snazzy.
EDIT: I just clicked the link and these look like an improvement over what I have. (of course, since mine are all of three months old... :shakehead:)

Last edited:
I have been using myflex on second stage hoses for several years. They are great at eliminating the pulling and pushing of the mouthpiece from the standard hoses, much more comfortable..

They are a little light in the water, some people describe them as "floaty". I have them on my backup "rec" rig. They work fine though, but I'm always going to stick with my ole faithful stock rubber hoses. Some DIR types may not like them just because of the recall that made them lose all faith in them.

I exchanged a recalled one (HP) and have the "new and improved" one on my rig on a simple B&G SPG (Halcyon). No apparent issues, though once again, no pivot once pressurized....

As for LP hoses, I have gone over to Phantom "Double Braided". I like them a bunch.

I had one of the thin, recalled Miflex HP hoses on my SPG. Did the recall, the nice folks at Miflex sent me a replacement within a couple of days (OMS take note!), but within 8 dives the swivel is leaking. Just a couple of bubbles at first, now more.

I have Phantom LP & HP hoses on my other reg. So far, so good. Seriously thinking of eating the cost and getting a Phantom HP to replace the Miflex. I'll keep the Miflex as a spare.

I really do like the flexibility and smaller diameter of the both these brands of braided nylon sheathed hoses. Much more comfortable with my reg.

I had one of the thin, recalled Miflex HP hoses on my SPG. Did the recall, the nice folks at Miflex sent me a replacement within a couple of days (OMS take note!), but within 8 dives the swivel is leaking. Just a couple of bubbles at first, now more.

I have Phantom LP & HP hoses on my other reg. So far, so good. Seriously thinking of eating the cost and getting a Phantom HP to replace the Miflex. I'll keep the Miflex as a spare.

I really do like the flexibility and smaller diameter of the both these brands of braided nylon sheathed hoses. Much more comfortable with my reg.

Is one of the o-rings on the swivel leaking? Maybe the leak is just a simple thing like that.

I know, "o" ring replacement is SOP on my old hose swivel. So far on the Miflex I can't get at the swivel, the whole thing appears to be crimped together. There is a strain relief boot on it which I haven't really tried to pry at yet. I was just annoyed with the whole thing.

I didn't have an issue with the first one but enough did that they recalled them all. XS Scuba did a good job on the recall and quickly got me a replacement. It looks real fancy and I don't have a problem continuing to use it. Its still in the bag though - I haven't had a chance to dive it yet.

Back
Top Bottom