Your Best Instructor and Why:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Every Instructor I have ever dealt with deserves a thank you, because they all taught me something... But one in particular stands out...

I won't say the name of the person who was my favorite instructor, because I know he wishes to remain nameless.

He taught me that there is nothing in the water worth dying for.
He taught me how serious it truly is to be under the water.
He showed me that there is no room for bravado or stupidity.
He showed my how much passion I had for the sport.
He made me understand my potential as a diver.
He made me understand my limitations.
He warned me not to become an instructor because of the politics...
But when that didn't stop me he made me understand how much potential I had for that too.

Above all, he has the knowledge, intelligence, patience and wisdom to cut straight to the point and make me understand.

We only ever did one dive together, and I never took a class from him... He just wanted to see how I performed underwater and went from there... From there I have spent my time speaking with him via email. He made me see these things because of his ability to communicate, listen, and provoke thought... I will greatly treasure the emails that we share until the day I die...

Bob Sherwood, for setting the bar.
Peter Readey, for giving me the tools and mindset to dive CCR.
Tim O'Leary, for his no-BS mentorship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom