Adreno T30 Wing Kit - Anyone have any experience with these?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I rented one a while ago before I bought another brand. From memory it worked fine for what I needed. Apparently it is an exact copy of a big name brand, though they wouldn't say which one.

I ended up buying a smaller wing which was more suitable for my single tank diving, and had less chance of pinch flats.

The guys down there are awesome from my experience and should be happy to answer questions, but if you need I can go down and have a look if there is something specific you need to know that they can't/won't tell you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks very much farris.

I actually purchased one in the end. They were on ebay for half the price so I couldn't resist. I'm glad to hear the BC was okay.

Thats a very kind offer mate, thanks! I'm sure I can find out anything more I need to know over the phone (I hope).

Matt

Hey Sheepy, I know it has been a while since your post, but how are you finding the Adreno wing??
I just found their website and I'm looking for a decent wing at a good price and this seems to fit both.
Is the wing living up to everything you thought it would be? Anything you can tell me would be great!
Cheers, Allan

Hi Allan

Yes, I did purchase the wing in the end. It's a great wing from what I can comprehend. The only issue I have with it is the harness. I find it a little frustraiting not being able to adjust the shoulder straps after putting it on. However, that might be a Tec Diving requirement for all I know. I'm only using mine for standard recreational diving at the minute. For the price I would defiantly recommend one though :)

Matt

Sorry I missed your reply! I actually ordered a very "similar" model from:

Deep BP&W Ally

I've been seeing this wing around a bit... even perhaps its american cousin on a very prominent american scuba store website :p

@Sheepy : Did you open up the wing zipper and see a tag? Mine had a large tag with the original manufacturers website and instructions. I am wondering if the Adreno is the same place, and as well as another wing that is being reviewed on this very site (possibly the review is posted on the main page :p )
www.hilbcd.com is the website I found.

Great product though. The construction seems very solid for the price, and I'm super happy!

Happy Diving!

P.S. The lack of adjustment ability is a standard thing for the basic harness. If you can't change it while its on than when you are diving, there is no way for it to slip out of place, eh'?

Hi Allan

Yes, I did purchase the wing in the end. It's a great wing from what I can comprehend. The only issue I have with it is the harness. I find it a little frustraiting not being able to adjust the shoulder straps after putting it on. However, that might be a Tec Diving requirement for all I know. I'm only using mine for standard recreational diving at the minute. For the price I would defiantly recommend one though :)

Matt

Maybe all you need is to add a sternum strap to it to pull them closer in, thus tightening them.
or
You could fix that simply by buying 2 delrin joiner clips for 2" webbing and cutting your shoulder straps below the d-rings. Just make sure you set out the cuts to have enough webbing to use to thread the delrin clips on.

G'day Fellas
Just so you know these BP&W's are all from the same factory in China.
OEM company that make this rig for just about everyone including some that we are not allowed to mention
Only difference on where you purchase the rig is the support and warranty offered , we give 5 years everyone else only gives 1 year
You break it we give you a new one that's or simple warranty policy.
Backplates / Wings - BCDs

The Zeagle BP&W's IMHO is of better construction and quality that's why we offer a lifetime warranty on them.
But if you are on a budget then the Deep gear is a great choice for anyone looking at a BP&W

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom