Florida Marine Patrol makes stuff up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are going to quote law then follow the bouncing ball and read it all the way through
Exception: (E) neither the source of information nor the method or circumstances of preparation indicate a lack of trustworthiness.

I'm not sure who you are defending here but it was just a story get over it.

HEARSAY | Definition of HEARSAY (Black's Law Dictionary)

---------- Post Merged at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Not only in Kangaroo court but even in the your OP is stricken and supressed. Unlike a fair court I personally will suspect any future postings as well.. but I am a bias kind of person

pib.jpg

Hearsay is a third person account of what happened.

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:50 AM ----------

There are volumes of exceptions -- but saying .. "My friend had this happen" on scubaboard is not one of them.

another member of the Kangaroo court heard from,
thanks for sharing

You stated previously that was a "fun story"... please, I disagree. I know funny and I know when someone is attempting to "start" something.. I was born at night but it was not last night. You are not passing on anything you were a witness to, nor were involved in. Therefore it falls, legally, into the realm of hearsay.

I still find the story a load of seahorse poop. quite bluntly I don't care who taught you do dive, or whom you dive with. Was that supposed to impress me?

OTOH, I could just say, as my granddtr just did.. "liar liar pants on fire"... ymmv.

Ps... thanks for the fill info... I was was being exceedingly facetious. :D:blinking:

I spoke with my friend he says I should give you his phone number and you can call and get the story first hand. When you call say you are the person that is calling him a liar.
He already thinks your a funny guy.

Send me an email I'll send you his number.

Hearsay is a third person account of what happened.

---------- Post Merged at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:50 AM ----------

There are volumes of exceptions -- but saying .. "My friend had this happen" on scubaboard is not one of them.

This stroy has gone from suspect to stupid. If your friend really had an encounter with 'cops acting badly' he should have grown a pair and let them lock him up.

I spoke with my friend he says I should give you his phone number and you can call and get the story first hand. When you call say you are the person that is calling him a liar.
He already thinks your a funny guy.

Send me an email I'll send you his number.

Eric is a cop. I"m sure he gets lied to by people on a daily basis.

I really doubt he needs to go out of his way, call someone LONG DISTANCE on his nickle, to get lied to by someone that someone else knows on an internet forum.

just sayin....

The first clue was the second poster "eeel" who pointed out the Florida Marine Patrol has not stopped anyone for anything since 1999. I am sure the OP will noW either claim , "it was 1998" or he "meant to say FWC."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom