Unknown hand gesture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucas Cordina

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I was diving with a dive master I never met before, and right before the end of both dives (during the safety stop) she made a hand gesture I didn't understand, and by the time we surfaced I had already forgotten about it (whoops)

Basically, she made an X in front of her chest with her forearms, her hands curled into a fist, each fist besides the chin

I wouldn't say it's the "I'm cold" gesture since she wasn't holding her biceps and rubbing them (apart from the fact that it's out of context), and we had already gestured and agreed on the safety stop, so do you guys have any idea as to what she might have been trying to say?

It is indeed the "end dive" sign.
Personally I preferr to be requested if my SS is complete before I get the end the dive..

Oooh okay, that makes much more sense now! Thanks! and we did check that we all completed the safety stop before we surfaced, I'm trying to find links which detail all the hand signals, but to no avail, so if you guys know of any resources, I'd appreciate it :D

It's also a universal signal given by women to mean 'you ain't gettin this' or 'it's over'. So that makes sense about the end of dive thing. Next time get some pics of her and we can tell you for sure.

It's also a universal signal given by women to mean 'you ain't gettin this' or 'it's over'. So that makes sense about the end of dive thing. Next time get some pics of her and we can tell you for sure.

Well, I was aware of what it meant of the surface, I've encountered it many times over, and I realized that they're often followed by a sharp kick to the groin :(

My friend have a tendency to place their fingertips together, palms a few inches apart, making a "tepee". It's supposed to signify a roof and it means "lets go home".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom