• 45 - 54 years olf

Votes: 111 20.8%
  • 55 - 64 years old

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • 65 & over

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been around for a long time and have been married sense the earth cooled.

Well at least it feels that way ………………..Arduous

My father always used to tell me that we spend the first half of our lives tearing ourselves down, and the last half trying to build ourselves back up. There is an awful lot of truth in that. Im pretty much on the threshold of that second half so I started heeding my fathers words a few years ago. My decision to start diving was but one step in that direction.

Age is only in your head! I'm getting wiser in my years, but I still feel (and sometimes all too often,) and act like I'm 20. When it comes to sports and hobbies, I don't believe I've started to slow down at all, although some mornings my body tells me it time to start! With age comes wisdom, and I'm looking forward to gaining some of that :jibber:

Can we keep this thread active till the end of april please - then I can say I am out of the first bracket!!! Pleaseee! :small:

Oh well - yes - I'm a baby of 18! As if you didnt already know!!!

started diving at age 40 now 47 and still going strong. i would like to thank the tv show Sea Hunt for inspiering me to become a diver although it took some 34 years for that to happen.. smile..:D

Being one of the two divers in the 'over 65' category isn't all that bad. It's a whole lot better than the alternative...as the popular saying goes.

I didn't start diving until I was 41. After all these years the only regret I have is that I didn't start much earlier when I was 21.

Warren

Hey all .....looks like im the only young one here!!! well ok if you call in your 40s young thats ok :D
anyway im 15 , nearly 16 (in march) but ive been diving quallifyed for about a year now !!!!!
and so far im loving every little drop of it .
i look forward to everydive aswell as checklisting all my dive kit into my bag....
people say if your young you can't be responserble.....i think not :wink:
i think im a safe and aware diver ..and allways learning and you never stop learning with diving .....and its all fun so its alot better than school lol....
im not saying that anyones said that i wont be , but some people may have that opinion.....why? i dont know ?
what do you think about ages for diving ?

Originally posted by FinMeister
......After all these years the only regret I have is that I didn't start much earlier when I was 21.

Warren

Warren, I used to think the same thing until I realized that at 21 I wouldn't have been able to afford to dive. Especially not the trips and stuff....so I'm making up for it!

You know I don’t feel nearly as old as I use to, because I am only 30.

To the young ones, don’t wish to be older than you are. Remember you only have one ticket for this ride. When it is over, it is over (No religious connotations intended).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom