SUUNTO Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by AviZ
two last questions...i think its the last anyway :D
can you only upload your dive to a computer (PC) if you have the quick dissconnect feature on the computer or doesnt it matter ??
may sound stupid to ask but im still learning ..so what the heck... if the cobra does become dissconnected u/w (most unlikly but allways possible) will the air flow out or is it just like your low presure valve and prevents it from flowing?
..but as say if you dont ask you don't find out :D
Thanx again......all of your helps been very usefull to me.

No the quick disconnect just makes it easier since you don't have to wagg the whole setup, regs and all, to the PC.

It's virtually impossible for the disconnect to give way underwater. About the only 2 things that would even remotely make that possible would be if you ran out of air completely and then got it in a position that unhooked it. Not likely....Or you snapped it off somehow. If the former was the case then you have bigger problems to worry about anyway. If the latter was the case, then you'd have plenty of time to surface as the high pressure hose wouldn't loose a whole lot of air. I'd worry more about snapping off a low pressure fitting than a high pressure one.

Thanx for that warhammer,
but why worry more of a low presure than a high???
you would think the other way round ?!?!?!
well i would :D
thanx for the input !!!

Hehe, that's a common mis-conception by non-informed divers. Trust me, if a low pressure hose blows on you at depth, you've got a much bigger problem than you would have if a high pressure hose blows. Reason is that the orfice on the high pressure side is tiny, very very tiny, so it will not lose air that rapidly if a hose were to blow and etc. The orfice on the low pressure side is much larger, causing you to quickly lose all the air in your tank. That's why it is smart to always carry a backup air source when you are diving deep. When you certified, I'm sure your instructor had you purge the reg in a pool to simulate a freeflow, right? Well if you were to try that at say 130', you'd lose your fill in mere seconds. Please don't try it, though.

Thanks for that warhammer ....i see what you mean now!!!!!
and i don't think im gonna try that for some reason or other lol - thats a big no no of a party trick...."who can get rid of ther air the quickest" ...doesnt have that ring to it eh ?
hehe...thanks everyone.

i just been down to my NeW local dive store and i've got a price of £299.00 for the Cobra QD , SK7 - bargin eh ???
i think i'll just have to buy it :)
i have oen probby tho..i allready have a compass on my spg so i might have to sell the compass...what do you think ?

Back
Top Bottom