Looking for advice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pvs.A Diving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everybody I need some advice.

My fiance, NON DIVER :depressed:, and I will be heading to the Philippines (Bohol and Mactan) for 7 days in about two weeks. Now because I don't want to loose her ( I know a non diver but I love her :D) I have only planned one day of diving while I am there. Now it must be said that I live in Korea so heading to the Phi. isn't really that expensive for me and will go there again soon. This is my first trip there and I have a couple of questions. First...one day of diving...take my own gear? Or not worth it for a couple of dives? We will be snorkeling all the time cause she loves that so I will have fins/mask. And second question, I am planning on getting the day of diving in in Bohol (staying in Alona Beach), but if I could sneak a day of diving in in Mactan where would you suggest? And who?

Let me know soon please...madly planning and trying to fool/convince my girl :D

AlfredT

Diver boy is better off with a Diver Girl, you need to convince her to love diving as much as she loves you :wink:

1. I will also bring the reg. Alona Beach is NO good for snorkelling as the sea grass is long and sea urchins are everywhere. Balicasag is so much better. Dive boat will take snorkeller there at a cost.
2. Para Dive and Scotty spring to my mind.

If you dive Balicasag, she can snorkel while you do your dives. Pay a few Php for a guide for her. If she is cool with that...

..... but if I could sneak a day of diving in in Mactan where would you suggest? And who?

I suggest you check out Nalusuan Island. Very nice protected sanctuary. But it is around an hour there and back by boat.

Contact Jens and Charles at Mactan Dive Center to see if they can take you out there.

Back
Top Bottom