Which is better to dive at, St Thomas or St Maarten?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NTX JK

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I know they are fairly close together and not sure if there is much difference, but just curious as to which one is better to dive at. Mainly reef diving, or drift dive.

I don't pretend to have dived both extensively, but based on what I have done I significantly prefer St Thomas to St Martin.

St Thomas has an abundance of deeper wrecks (which I like) and, for my money, better marine life generally.

Just my 2 PSI.

Plus one for St. Johns

Contact the owner at Floridawestscuba.com....He use to live on St.Johns and can give you detailed info about the area

St. Martten Diving not really worth time or $$. They seem to cater to Cruise ship 35-40 min dives. But you are a short boat ride from Saba. Awesome diving!!!

St. Martten Diving not really worth time or $$. They seem to cater to Cruise ship 35-40 min dives. But you are a short boat ride from Saba. Awesome diving!!!

In Philipsburg and Simpson Bay there are Cruise Ship dive operators.

Come to the other side of the Island, escape the crowds, experience some French culture and cuisine and dive with Octopus Diving.

Also the diving on the French / North of St. Maarten is awesome, reefs are in great shape, we have wrecks for TEC diving at 110 and 140 feet and generally sea conditions are calmer without ripping currents....

Octopus Diving
6 Divers Max per boat
Excellent equipment
VIP service all the way

http://www.octopusdiving.com/

Check out what our customers have to say...382 reviews....

Octopus Diving Reviews

Plus one for octopus. Not a cattle boat or dumbed down dive op. Sally runs a professional dive op. The boat is awesome and Sally knows what the throttle is for. I only was able to spend one day diving as I was just in ST Marteen on the way back from Statia. We dove Basse Espanole which had very cool geological rock formations, like diving a saltwater quarry. The second dive was on a small wreck that held the largest lobster I have ever seen down in the bilge. Each claw was larger than my hands and it was easily two feet wide.

team octopus, I actually had y'all bookmarked. I will go a head and make a reservation with y'all but my girlfriend isn't certified yet and should get hers done in august since my buddy is a dive instructor. Hopefully she can get through it since she is a little nervous about it. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom