DAN Equipment insurance report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
After fl***ing my housing a few weeks ago I was happy that I purchased DAN insurance for my gear. I am happy to report that they were prompt and mailed me a check right away after I sent in the necessary proof that my camera was a goner. I received a check for over $3500 today. That will go a long way toward not only the replacement of my camera and lens as well as repair to my Ikelite housing, but it will help ease the pain of buying an aluminum housing. It never ends when it comes to diving. $$$

Nice to hear a positive dive gear insurance story, for a change.

Good to know Phil. That's great comforting news. DAN has many other great programs too and supports the diving community in other ways. They were also responsive when I had a question about providing emergency 02 at the surface.

Why did SB star-out F L O O D I N G ?

Glad your experience with DAN was a positive one, Phil. I'm still waiting for my check from DEPP on a claim filed a year ago. They are absolutely terrible! I'll be changing once my renewal comes up again.

We have had nothing but good experiences with DAN's insurance. Had a dive computer crap out that they replaced with no questions asked. Also a flooded D200 and strobes that were replaced (and eventually upgraded to D7000 and housing -- here's to not flooding that one!).

Glad your experience with DAN was a positive one, Phil. I'm still waiting for my check from DEPP on a claim filed a year ago. They are absolutely terrible! I'll be changing once my renewal comes up again.
Chuck Tribolet replied the following on Diver.net;
Good that you were with DAN. Adm. Linda had a flood in I think
August of last year, and only recently got a check from DEPP after
involving the Attorneys General of California and Kentucky.
Chuck

Good for you... DAN Insurance every time. Do not, ever, ever deal with the scammers at DEPP!

After all the horror stories I heard about DEPP, I canceled my policy with them last year. Looks like my system will finally be insured again. Thanks for the update.

Back
Top Bottom