Ever Fought A Remora?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moosicman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
[video=youtube;9GqdBbaJ6l0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GqdBbaJ6l0[/video]

Grab some popcorn and have a laugh on us!

I guess they train Marines to fight just about anything.

Someone once posted about one biting his nipple, and severely painfully at that.

How common is it to see 'stray' remoras swimming around. I've never seen one, but if I did, I'd wonder whether there was a sizable shark nearby... Paranoid, perhaps, but still...

Richard.

On the opening day of snapper season here in Pensacola, there were 2 big ones on the Pete Tide, one attached to my tank and the other kept swimming around trying to find something to suck onto.

Last weekend we dove the reef at park east and there were remoras everywhere. My dive buddies wife started to freak out because one followed her all the way to the shore and kept trying to attach to her leg.

We never saw any of their counterparts, but that remora freaked her out bad, and now she says she's done diving in the gulf.

Odd as it seems, this one hangs out on this wreck. Was there two weeks ago too.

I was out in Bimini on Blackbeards.... don't remember the name of the site but it had a lot of turtle grass and I think it was an old wooden wreck.

Anyways, I was in horizontal trip position and I looked down and back to check on my buddy and there was a remora right there on me staring me in the face. Startled the **** out of me.

Friendly little guy.

Got a good chuckle out of that. Where were you guys diving at?

I encountered one in Chuuk, on a wreck.
It stayed under me the entire dive, kind of sad I guess.

They must be lonely without a big shark to live with.

Sometimes you see schooling remoras here which I guess come together for a sex-fest. We see a lot here in the Maldives- never had one try to attach itself which is good becasue I'm only wearing shorts and a rash.

Although normally associated with big animals like mantas and turtles, I've seen them also on smaller fish like snapper.

Got a good chuckle out of that. Where were you guys diving at?

This was taken on the "Loss Pontoon" here in PCB, FL.

funny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom