Dear dive professionals,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubastanley

Registered
Reaction score
I have just borrowed a cylinder, bcd and regs from a friend who hasnt used the equipment for more than 7 years. Im very new to diving but I assembled the gear, connected the bcd to the tank, opened the tank valve and it is reading 200 bar, but the button to inflate the bcd does not appear to be working. Are these known to be faulty or am I doing something wrong? Thank you for your time.

get the gear serviced before diving it..... things don't like being left by the wayside that long.

Did you connect the LP inflator hose?

I highly suggest you have someone knowledgeable look at this equipment before you dive it. Seven years is a long time for things to sit, and items such as o-rings can age, become brittle and fail over that period of time.

+1 on getting it checked before you dive it. Lynne, you beat me to it about the low pressure inflator.

Would you drive a car that had been sitting there for 7 years without getting it checked first?

Same applies to dive equipment

Definately have this gear serviced. The LP inflator failing might not be the only problem dried out o rings will give you. You definately don't want to dive that stuff after 7 years of storage.

Many thanks guys! I had intended getting it all serviced but just added that general question incase it was something simple I was doing wrong. I am more knowledgeable for my question :) Again, Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom