Professional Dive Boat - EPIC FAIL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stanky1

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, we've all read stories here about advanced scuba boat trips that were ruined because the crew allowed a newbie on board and then catered to the weakest link.

Well, the outfit we dove with last Thursday took this behavior to a whole new level. They market themselves as catering to a small number of certified divers. And guess who got priority treatment????

You won't believe this ...

Wait for it....

The only SNORKELER on board!!!!!!!!
:dropmouth:
Yes, we spent our big dive at a famous snorkeling site. Needless to say, this was the first time in 36 years of diving that we left NO TIP.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no.
I might cut the crew some slack for that.

This is a well known boat that tries to attract advanced scuba divers. Buyer beware....

did you ask where the boat was going before you agreed the charter?

if so you should at least get a refund.

It's hard to get too worked up not knowing more details. I've never dove in HI so I don't know what the dive sites are like. I know in the Bahamas it's possible to have a really good dive in waters that are also good for snorkeling.

Yes, we spent our big dive at a famous snorkeling site. Needless to say, this was the first time in 36 years of diving that we left NO TIP.

What's the problem? The fish were still visible while underwater.

It sounds like it could have been a cool dive.

flots.

I would be curious to know more details, what island, what dive site, what charter? Most dive sites in Hawaii that are know for great snorkeling are also great dive sites if you get over the whole shallow thing. And really the best reef is close to the surface most of the time.

You did only one dive?

Back
Top Bottom