Staying at SCC (Scuba Club Cozumel) Jun 25 to Jul 6. Wife doesn't dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm staying at the SCC, and I am looking for a buddy or couple to meet up with for some shore dives.

This will be my first time at SCC, and I am looking forward to the boat dives, but I am also looking at having a few shore dives with a buddy or small group.

I am a PADI AOW with nitrox cert.

Please let me know who will be there, and if you are up to some shore diving.

Thanks.

Mortis65, It should be easy to find some people to buddy up with. We are arriving on the 23rd and will be diving there until the 28th...SI on the 29th and flying home on the 30th. Our group will be from Peoria IL and all total we have 17 divers. This is my first trip to SC but we have several that have made the trek every year for several years. We typically do 4-5 dives a day so we should be hitting the shore diving after lunch and will be in the water most of the afternoon. If you can't find someone on your morning boat dives to shore with in the afternoon just speak up and tag along. 4 of us are DM's, two DM's in training and most the others are very experienced divers and everyone is really friendly. Safe travels and maybe we'll see you there. :wink:

"Continue on south past Chichen Itza towards the big pier for awhile before turning around."
Divegoose: What is there to see beyond the ruin?

"Continue on south past Chichen Itza towards the big pier for awhile before turning around."

Divegoose: What is there to see beyond the ruin?

Not a lot as I recall. Usual fish and things, but a lot of small life along the walls at shore. :D

Divegoose

Guys,
The video was amazingly educational, and I did do the dive a couple of times so far. The folks here are great, guests and Staff! I've met some great people here, and this place just reinforces all that is good about diving. To make things even better, no phone, no TV.
I love it here.

---------- Post Merged at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:53 PM ----------

This is a golden opportunity to try self-reliant diving.

The water in front of the hotel is 22 feet deep. Even if you are with a buddy, you would do an "emergency swimming ascent;" the surface is closer than your dive companion.

Enter by giant stride or walk down the steps into the entrance pool. Start your dive into the current, move slowly looking for small stuff, turn around when you have 1000 psi left and drift back to the exit.

"Out front" is a great place to play with a camera and dial in your settings.

As Robin said, there will be many shore divers; just ask to tag along. Just don't buddy up with any photographers - their buddy is their camera!

Tell everyone, "Jim says hello."

Jim,

I have officially done a solo dive off the pier. Slow and easy, never below 20ft. I started with a light tank (2800 lbs) and an hour later I returned with over 1000 left.

I blame you for all the fun I had.

Thanks,

Jim,

I have officially done a solo dive off the pier. Slow and easy, never below 20ft. I started with a light tank (2800 lbs) and an hour later I returned with over 1000 left.

I blame you for all the fun I had.

Thanks,

:D I'm happy to hear you are having a wonderful time. Don't use up all the fun, leave some for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom