Aeris EX Lite vs Zeagle ET vs Oceanic Biolite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victorzamora

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a light, simple, cheaper BCD for my fiancee. Back inflate is preferred. She loved the Biolite's looks, and then dove it and realized she loved it completely. These three are in about the same price range, so I was wondering what the Pros and Cons of each of the 3 were. Any pitfalls or special notes? TIA.

If she liked the biolite then would probably go with that out of those choices. Aeris and oceanic are the same company so there are many similarities on the BCDs there. Zeagle makes a great BCD as well. You might also want to look at the litehawk from scubapro if you want a light bcd and not compromise bladder size for lift. Just remember if she is not used to back flotation she can't inflate it all the way on the surface or it just pushes your face forward. got to find that balance.
Good Luck

I have an Aeris Reef Rider which is a clone of the Oceanic Islander. I ran into a guy with the Islander and he was shocked at how much less I paid for a nearly identical BCD. The only difference was color and the Islander had fabric loops for caribiners where the Reef Rider had plastic D rings. I think you could reasonably expect the same comparison with the EX lite and Biolite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom