Dive Haven Quarry, White, Ga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahh the magical word "I", just giving the information asked for and some options. 2hrs would be a long way to drive in hopes of diving with someone.

Well, I have NEVER had a bad experience there. When I lived in Georgia the guys at Whitestone treated us like family. I NEVER caught a whiff of the chicken houses and I camped there many nights???!!

I'm looking to try this White Stone quarry as its one of the closest options for diving for me right now (from Cumming). When you like to dive & live in the Atlanta area, can't be picky :) Will need to rent all my equipment (except mask & snorkel) as well as find a dive partner to meet there. I hope to get at least one dive in at White Stone.

I'm looking to try this White Stone quarry as its one of the closest options for diving for me right now (from Cumming). When you like to dive & live in the Atlanta area, can't be picky :) Will need to rent all my equipment (except mask & snorkel) as well as find a dive partner to meet there. I hope to get at least one dive in at White Stone.

Call ahead, the had a break in, and may be low on some equipment, they didn't have nitrox a couple of weeks ago.

Actually, I found an Atlanta area dive shop that apparently does monthly trips to White Stone for certification classes. Peachtree Dive Center on the southside of town. I can go as a "fun diver". They also said they can rent equipment to me. Tell them what size I need and they will bring it along. This could be another option to be assured I can rent the proper equipment as well as be able to probably find a dive partner that I need.

Here is info on their monthly trips:
Peachtree Dive Center Dive Travel

I'm also wanting to go check it out... Willing to meet you there one day this coming weekend if you need a dive buddy. Not sure that my buddy wants to go this weekend, so I'm also looking for company.

Im not only hoping to dive for fun, but also want to work on my trim...

Let me know if you are interested.

I will be there Saturday morning. I will dive with you or we should be able to fine you somebody. If you can only go Sunday Brenton usually can be talked into guiding a dive provided he doesn't have any students.

I will send you a PM.

Dee

mcf57 and I plan to show up at 8:00 am this Saturday, beat some of the heat and get a few dives in. I'm up for as many dives as we can get in...

If anyone wants to join us, come on down... I'll have a pop up awning to keep cool under, bring a chair, some soft drinks (or a few beers for after).

If you're interested, reply back to this thread or just show up. (or pm me if you want my number to make sure we show up)

781 Old Tennessee Hwy NE
White‎ GA‎ 30184

---------- Post Merged on June 29th, 2012 at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was on June 28th, 2012 at 06:25 PM ----------

Bump for a last minute reminder!

Well, 3 of us from this board (myself, Slmason.72 & sbtag) were able to check out the White Stone quarry and dive facility. We went last Saturday when the temperatures here in GA were BRUTALLY hot and about 106 degrees during the afternoon so it was a perfect time to try it out.

We started our first dive at about 9am & were then able to basically get in a total of 3 tank dives for the whole day. The deepest we were able to get was about 37ft as it got much too cold below this level for the wetsuits we had. Visibility was probably only about 15ft, but still enjoyable and I'm glad I went and checked it out. Was a little over an hour drive for me personally so not too bad and beats hauling it 3+hrs to some other places. Basically, a good local place to get wet and work on some skills if needed.

There were several certification classes going on there as well, but it wasn't a problem since they had two main platforms to choose from & work with. The staff at White Stone was great and able to set me up with what equipment I needed (tanks, BC, regulator and wetsuit). All in all, a fun day of diving (especially since it was so hot on the surface) and worth checking out if you get a chance.

The deepest we were able to get was about 37ft as it got much too cold below this level for the wetsuits we had. Visibility was probably only about 15ft, but still enjoyable

Sounds like some good diving to me. Do you happen to know what the temperatures were below/above the thirty-seven feet mark were?

Back
Top Bottom