Electronic dive log conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not entirely sure that i understand what you are trying to do.

If your logbook is already fully typed out, it would still be tricky to import into an electronic database. Most likely your log book consists of form pages that you complete with a pen after each dive. that wont really "convert" into any electronic dive log database. as such Pdf is the way to go... Saving it for posterity.

It is possible to scan a document and have information in fields (locations on the page) automatically entered into a database. However, it is probably more work than entering the information for 200 dives, especially if you want to verify that the scanned information is correct. Most electronic log books store your entries and allow you to use a drop-down menu to select from previous entries, such as locations, dive sites, equipment, etc.

For 200 dives, I'd just type it all out in an Excel file and just update it as per couple of dives. It's not that much work. It'd take less than an hour or two, save you $300+ dollars, and likely be more accurate.

I just use an Excel file and my written notebook, and I don't really have any problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom