Some Photos from Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell, Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stronj1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Went to Clear Springs Scuba Park yesterday to try out a new lens and some different settings on my camera. The vis was probably 15 to 20 feet which is very good! Didn't see any catfish this time but there was this young largemouth bass, some hydrilla, and a bluegill guarding her nest.

IMG_0764.jpgIMG_0777.jpgIMG_0808.jpgMVI_0807.jpg

What are all the plants if they aren't hydrilla? And why does Robert have "Stay off the hydrilla" on his list of rules?

Just wondering.

Kory

Nice photos.

What were the water temps?

Nice photos.

What were the water temps?

At 33' my computer read 78 degrees. I think this may have been a bit high since I tended to drop down below the thermocline for just a little while before getting cool and raising back above it to warm up. I have an Atmose AI and am not sure how quickly it registers the temp. CSSP's website reports mid-80's above the thermocline and mid-70's below (as of 6/21/12). I was in a 1.5 mil wetsuit. The website also indicates 25 feet vis. I was there in the afternoon and there were quite a few divers training so it could have clouded up a little by then because I think something would have to glow to see it that far away!

Thanks- I've never been and am trying to talk wife into going. But she likes warm tropical water more and hates suits.

She will want to stay above the thermocline (no suit needed there) and you could be below if you like it cooler and both be happy and able to see each other!

Coontail « AQUAPLANT

The plant is coontail moss. It is a native and beneficial plant. Hydrilla easily becomes a generic term for any aquatic plant as it has out there.

Thanks for the information. I was told it was hydrilla and didn't know the difference before.

Back
Top Bottom