Lake Burton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone ever gone diving in Lake Burton? A friend of mine suggested that we try it out. I use to go there every weekend in the summer while I was in college (college girlfriend's parents owned a house on the lake), and it is probably my favorite lake in Georgia. However, that was before I was certified.

How deep is the lake? Is the visibility decent (would imagine so since it is one of the cleanest lakes in GA)? How cold is it at depth during the summer? Thanks in advance.

Lake Burton is beautiful and is maintained by GA Power! But the property at 1025 Perrin Cove Road should be avoided...We had a terrible experience atthis lake house located at Lake Burton, Georgia. We rented the home for adestination wedding. After receiving our final installment (full payment) theproperty owner told me to avoid excess showers and dishwashing during the dayif the neighboring house was occupied by vacationers, because the waterpressure from the well could suffer! Ohhhh Kayyy! Of course, this was after shehad our money and we weren't eligible for a refund. At the time, I wasn'tconcerned because I didn't anticipate any excessive water usage like she described.I couldn't have been more wrong in my decision to rent this place. The watercompletely stopped running after 2 showers were taken the first night wearrived. Saturday morning, we were able to squeeze out 2 more showers and thatwas it. We had ZERO water for the next 2 days. Fortunately we had 2 other homesrented, so our guests at this particular house had somewhere else they could goto shower. We melted ice in the oven and hauled buckets of water up from thelake, so we could have water to flush the toilets. To say this was and anembarrassing situation for us is an understatement. Imagine this happening toyou, your friends and family on your wedding day and for the remainder of yourstay! To make matters worse, the owner accused us of having excessive waterusage and did nothing to help us. Later she admitted to having a mechanicalproblem with the well, but blamed that on her neighbors and suggested that weask her neighbors for a refund, because it wasn't her fault! DO NOT RENT 1025Perrin Cove Road in Tiger, GA. This property is also called Sunset Point. I'venever written a negative review in my life, but I've never experienced aproperty or property owner like this either. Consider yourself warned!

this is not the place to review a rental home. the post was about DIVING in lake burton, does anybody have a relevant reply? Cuz i was wondering about diving there too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom