Lost Sola 1200 @ Pescadero yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmish

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey folks - I lost my beloved L&M Sola 1200 dive light over the side of the Sanctuary near Pescadero Point yesterday. It's the "Dive" model with blue trim as shown here: LIGHT & MOTION || SOLA 1200 DIVE.

We were in the vicinity of 36.558 -121.951 (the stern of the boat was moving around a bit with the swell, so it's not exact, but it would have been slightly to the north of there most likely).

If anyone finds it, I would be so grateful for its safe return, since it's a pretty expensive piece of dive gear.

Jeff

Sorry to hear this. You use yours as a dive light and I use my two as video lights. Just to be safe when used as video lights, I secure them with a cord to one another and to the housing. Wouldn't work in the situation you experienced of course.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. I have two of those for video lights as well. I would hate to lose one. Hopefully it turns up.

Thanks for the condolences. I use mine as a focus light too, wasn't using my camera on Sunday :(

Ouch. Linda and I use the Sola 1200 Video lights as focus lights. I won one in the Monterey Shootout last year. I loaned to Linda, and had to buy her one for Christmas to get it back. ;-)

Can you get more precise numbers? .001 degree is about a 360' box.

Chuck

Those numbers are from my iPhone. Mike said he'd get the numbers from the Sanctuary's GPS next time he's on the boat (hopefully that'll be this weekend). When he does I'll update the thread.

Thanks for your help on this.

This is the only format I can get, unfortunately :(

OUCH! there are only a few scuba tools we say are "MUST HAVE'S" these lights are one of them..we have two and i would DIE if i lost mine...when boat diving, after removing our i always throw them into my back pack..if my lights go over so does my wallet and car keys!...we will keep our eyes open going out on the boat this weekend..

Alibi 2 - yes, it definitely is heartbreaking. I appreciate your keeping on the lookout for it. I won't be able to get out again until early July.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom