I am at my wits end with sealife products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SL has an outstanding record of customer service. Flooded cameras are always a risk, which we try to manage well - and insure if you'd like. State Farm's PAPolicy is great, but after a few claims - no one is going to continue coverage.

Hey "Dandy":

SeaLife products are crap. BTW, what does the State Farm reference have anything to do with this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about flooding, but I have never encountered a problem having used a 500, 1000 and 1400 over the years. When I did have an issue with the shutter release on the 1000 model housing, they replaced the Housing. I have nothing but good to say about SeaLife products and their service.

There seems to be a few people that disagree with PhxSki about Sea life product. Yours is nothing more than an opinion that you feel compelled to share. And Don referenced State Farm because certain policies will cover flooded cameras. Thanks for asking :D

Buy whatever camera you want, this is the forum for SL owners - but SF's Personal Article Policy is the best insurance, altho maybe not available in Florida.

I have two DC500s thanks. My home dive bud has my old DC100 but the did flood my old DC310 with a hair - even tho he is mostly bald.
caca-1.png

I'm on my DC1200 now. I've heard great things about Ikelight housings.
Thanks.png

"Dandy"

Good for you. Drop me a PM when it floods.

---------- Post added ----------

Dandy:

With all due respect, take a look at the Ikelite product line. It's a little more pricey than SeaLife however, I think it's well worth it.

I'm done with this thread, take care.

I have a DC800 with 40 dives on it with no problems. I haven't had any problems. I have seen some glowing reviews about the customer service from SeaLife. Would you care to say why it is you seem to be in the minority?

Perhaps if you insured your $500 investment you may not be so quick to judge. It seems as though State Farm may be able to insure you. Maybe not. Most insurance companies don't insure stupidity.

Mr. "dmorre19"

What part of the Ikelite reference don't you understand?

Wait until you have a problem with your DC800. Call SeaLife customer service and have them tell you that, despite your best efforts, it's all your fault that the housing flooded. Of course, they'd be more than happy to sell you another camera and housing at the full retail price.

Hey, if you'er happy with your camera, good for you. I my case, I'm more than happy to share my expirence with anyone who is interested.

Want to buy a DC500 paperweight? $5.00 and it's yours.

Mr. "dmorre19"

What part of the Ikelite reference don't you understand?

Wait until you have a problem with your DC800. Call SeaLife customer service and have them tell you that, despite your best efforts, it's all your fault that the housing flooded. Of course, they'd be more than happy to sell you another camera and housing at the full retail price.

Hey, if you'er happy with your camera, good for you. I my case, I'm more than happy to share my expirence with anyone who is interested.

Want to buy a DC500 paperweight? $5.00 and it's yours.

I haven't had any problems with my DC800.

I will take the paperweight and send you $5.00 upon receipt.:wink:

Sorry to hear you had problems. Your experience appears to be an exception.

Was your DC500 insured?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom