1000 Lumen Dive Light - SORRY :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Used the 1000 last night on a boat night dive in FL. 80+ft vis.....it worked great! My dive buddy used my 500 lumen version.

Could you tell the difference between the light beams in water?

The 1000 was noticeably brighter. Both lights had brand new batteries. Spread was similar.

For a first dive I took mine out on a beach night dive this past week. Almost too bright for a reef light in good viz, but when the storms rolled in and viz dropped to about 20', it was perfect...definitely brighter than the 500 by I'm guessing 35 percent.

BTW I tossed the lanyard that came with it into the "divestuff" pile, tied my own lanyard out of bungee, and cave-tied on a boltsnap. This is the same setup I did with the 500 and it seems to work pretty well.

So we had been working on a Video Reflector, and aren't having much luck at this point due to the size of the head the reflector has to fit in.

One thing that you video folks can try :) Open the light head, and take out the reflector. Put the light head back together, and you have a pretty good video light for alot less than anything else.

So we had been working on a Video Reflector, and aren't having much luck at this point due to the size of the head the reflector has to fit in.

One thing that you video folks can try :) Open the light head, and take out the reflector. Put the light head back together, and you have a pretty good video light for alot less than anything else.
What about moving the Led just close to the glass to get a # 90° angle instead of making a reflector ?

Last weekend we had a chance to get both my Salvo 21 watt 1,500 lumen HID and the new 1,000 lumen light together underwater. I had recommended one of my dive buddies buy one. Vis was craptastic at around 5 feet of vis, with a lot of plankton and detritus in the water. At 40 ft I grabbed both lights and put them on the side of a rock where the sun wasn't shinning as bright. The HID clearly is the winner with punch and a more fixed focus. The lumens shown would be about right since the DRIS light is about 1/3 less bright.

With the comparison I saw, I must say that is one heck of a handheld light to even come close to a large can light. I like the simple twist on/off. The rear eye for tying a bolt snap with cave line didn't seem like it would need any edges smoothed so it doesn't cut the cave line. It is a heavy light, but I never weighed it against my Photon Torpedo. All in all...I want one as a backup light!

Video light heads and goodman handles are what many customers are probably hoping for :D

I will try to remember to do this this weekend on some dives. I can't get in the water tonight or tomorrow unfortunately, but should be able to get 6 dives this weekend to try it against my SOLA's.

I just put in my order for 3 of these. Thought it was a great thing that they can be used out of water, too...will keep 1 in the house, 1 in the Jeep, and the other is going on my BC. Now I'll just keep my eye out for some other heads for this beast...thanks you guys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom