Recommendations for dive charters on Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has the vis at Koloa Landing cleared up? What can we expect currently? I will be there next week, and currently have Nihau, Tunnels, and Koloa Landing scheduled. I have been to Koloa Landing once before, and it was fantastic. In fact, the dragon morray in my avatar was from there. I scheduled it again because my daughter was going to be diving with me, and I didn't want her to miss it, but she broke her wrist, and so will not be diving. I am quite happy to do that dive again anyway since I enjoyed it so much 3 years ago, but if it's washed out, I could schedule onto an am boat or something.

Mike

As I posted elsewhere here, two weeks ago Koloa Landing was definitely not cleared up. At the float mooring vis was about 10 ft and murky, which is still very close in. Once outside in about 30fsw vis cleared up to about 50' but not crystal clear, and the rocks and reef were covered with a blanket of silt. I went to the left to my turn pressure and never got to anything like clean reef. Plenty of marine life though and it was a nice dive, just a bit murky.

Jeff

I dove with Seasport today and was very impressed. We had two nice easy dives at Fish Bowl and then Sheraton Caverns. Fish bowl was just ok but lots of fun. We found some white tips at about 90'.

Sheraton Caverns was spectacular! Turtles everywhere, frog fish, puffers, eels, scorpion fish, and lots of others...even a broomtail(I had no idea what that was)

For what its worth I had a bad experience with Fathom Five. PM me for details if interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom