Kauai dive buddy May 30-June10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't have much for plans at this point. I'll be up north for the first 5 days and in Poipu the rest of the time.

Hunter

Bummer we are going to be on the BIG Island at that time, otherwise I would dive with you in a heartbeat :)

Let me know if you are ever coming to MoCal or NorCal for some diving!

hey peter,

it's jp. met you at jack's diving dive last week in kona.

i'm in kauai now. going on a dive fri morning, sun at 1:00, and doing a shore dive at tunnels on tues morning. diving with fathom five.

let me know if you're around and want to dive. i'll be in poi-pu until the 11th, then up to hanalie until the 16th.

jp

hey peter,

it's jp. met you at jack's diving dive last week in kona.

i'm in kauai now. going on a dive fri morning, sun at 1:00, and doing a shore dive at tunnels on tues morning. diving with fathom five.

let me know if you're around and want to dive. i'll be in poi-pu until the 11th, then up to hanalie until the 16th.

jp

I'm curious to know how your experience is. My wife and I will be diving Kauai the last week of September.

jp,

I think Peter changed his plans and isn't on Kauai. I am here though and willing to do shore dives early mornings.

Sevenfeet,

Diving is ok. Clarity hasn't been the best but there has also been rougher seas than normal.

Hunter

jp,

I think Peter changed his plans and isn't on Kauai. I am here though and willing to do shore dives early mornings.

Sevenfeet,

Diving is ok. Clarity hasn't been the best but there has also been rougher seas than normal.

Hunter
Unfortunately I am back at home working, although it is another beautiful day with 80 degree weather :) Of course the forecast is for big swells and high winds. Oh well I get to reminisce from last weeks beautiful shore diving on Kona.

Go diving and jb if you get a chance to dive with Hunter just watch him in the water and you will see what a good diver should look like underwater.

coldsmoke:
jp,

Sevenfeet,

Hunter

I'm a little concerned about that. My wife will be a new diver and while it won't be her first ocean dive, it'll probably be her second.

I'm a little concerned about that. My wife will be a new diver and while it won't be her first ocean dive, it'll probably be her second.

I don't know if the diminished clarity on the south side of Kaua'i is a residual of the huge storms they had over the spring or the strong winds recently. I was there two weeks ago and vis on the south side was 30-60 ft, which, while not great by Hawaii standards, is still pretty good. One thing for sure, Koloa Landing remains very muddy in the cove, and the reef and rocks farther out are still covered with a thick blanket of silt.

If the wind is still up then there is surface chop, which can be annoying, but once you're beneath the surface things mellow out. I took my daughter on a day of south shore boat diving in high wind for her first dive after being certified 4 years ago (yes, we did a refresher) and she did great. However, there were people on the boat who got seasick from the constant rolling and pitching.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom