• Yes, the price range is a good buy.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Yes, but a lower price is a good buy.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope. I dive dry. A daily wear watch wont go over a dry suit.

I dive dry as well, and have no problem wearing a watch. I take the watch off to put my suit on, the put watch and computers back on my wrist once I'm suited up.

I have a dive watch, I have 2 dive watches. I love watches. I have 2 different Citizen Eco drive watches. Is it necessary? No. Do I like them? YES

I dive dry as well, and have no problem wearing a watch. I take the watch off to put my suit on, the put watch and computers back on my wrist once I'm suited up.
Me too, over the wrist seal.
Unlike dmoore19 I only have one though.
The details is not that troublesome to see either IMO, but then again I do dive with contact lenses so my vision is properly corrected when diving as well as in water. If you can see the details on land, you should be able to under water as well. Well unless you have <1 ft visibility.
Which I did near the surface on my last dive btw.. Makes for interesting descents if you loose track of your descent rate, which of course is easy with no visibility :p

Hey, I can't help it. I like watches, diving or otherwise.

I have a dive watch but I didn't set out to buy one specifically. I liked the watch so I bought it. It just *happens* to be water-resistant down to 330 ft. Incidentally, I have only worn it while diving once when I forgot to bring my computer and had to go "old school".

Nope. I dive dry. A daily wear watch wont go over a dry suit.

Mine just gets strapped through a chest "D" ring.

For the $200-300 range, might as well get another dive computer as backup. It's a lot more useful than a dive watch.
However, if you have lots of money, then get a fancy dive watch. Chicks dig it.

I have a dive watch that I wear while diving. Yes, it could be considered a backup timing device, however I mainly wanted a stylish sporty watch that could go with me anywhere, including diving. I didn't want to take off my watch and put in a gear bag, or whatever. If your sole purpose is for a backup while diving, get another DC.

Back
Top Bottom