What are you doing for MINI SEASON ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

floridanewbe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Its the our Super Bowl and its getting closer so share your plans. Im going to the FLBTS event are there any other things like that going on with prize money for catch or pictures ?. Not that I take pics or get much luck baggin many bugs but I can hope. Do you need to book now for the dive boats in the keys? Thats your chance to chime in Captains. Everthing and anything about this years Mini. From safety (helmet) recipes,tips and stories from last year.

[h=2]What are you doing for MINI SEASON ?[/h]

Ummm......
What is this "Mini Season" thing you are talking about?

Chug
Knows that there are no bugs in Broward.
They are all in the Keys with Reefman

Is that where your going Chug? Not sure it helps with my chances of getting any prize money. Thankfully its always Lionfish season.

I had heard that the subspecies Lobterus Browardus had been deemed extinct, but during mini-season may stop by the Miami Museum of Science - I hear they may have a stuffed one on display.

Otherwise I may take the family to the Keys to see a live lobster.

I will be avoiding the water while it gets invaded by amateurs, and weeping over impending doom that others refer to as lobster season. No more diving with my buddies to see critters and take photos on occasion. Every dive will become an all out lobster search and recovery mission - I can either choose to follow...stop...wait...follow...stop...wait... while they're trying to bag the bugs, or dive solo. Sigh. I have come to cherish April - July.

I plan on heading down. But that is the extent of my plans as of now. Is it feesible to shoredive and be successful?

I plan on heading down. But that is the extent of my plans as of now. Is it feesible to shoredive and be successful?
Most people will be shore diving the whole event, myself included you can join us if your down.Its a three reef line system all close to the shore the first 2 reefs are a very short swim

What about a Tooka Dive?

I will be avoiding the water while it gets invaded by amateurs, and weeping over impending doom that others refer to as lobster season. No more diving with my buddies to see critters and take photos on occasion. Every dive will become an all out lobster search and recovery mission - I can either choose to follow...stop...wait...follow...stop...wait... while they're trying to bag the bugs, or dive solo. Sigh. I have come to cherish April - July.

No solo for you. You know I feel your pain Rae, and will sometimes dive without a stick and bag even though the harvest is upon us...just so you can have fun too. Remember our secret underwater sign for "lobster hunting" and be brave. Besides, if we stay in Broward we won't miss much...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom