Do You "Mix and Match"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnorkelLA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, do you guys mix and match your gear with different brands, different series, model years, what?

Personally, my gear comes from a series of manufacturers from Scubapro, Mares, Aeris, Tilos, Aqualung and Suunto

So, do you guys mix stuff up or keep things the same brand, same year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a diver who has everything the same brand and same year.
The only one that would come to mind would maybe be a newly minted diver that went to lets say an Aqualung dealer and got Aqualung everything including the wetsuit, fins, mask, reg, bc, etc.

For me I have stuff spanning over 50 years of production models, custom suits, regs from probably 5 different manufacturers, one from 1960, and the newest from 2003.
One tank I have is from 1959 and the newest tank from 2004.
I have fins made in France, US, Spain.
The only Jackets I have are old Scubapro stab jackets from the early 1980's. I don't dive them, they were given to me and I have them in a box in the garage.
My plate is one of my own creations combined with an Oxycheq product.

I'm all over the board.

I use mostly Scubapro and some aqualung. But if and when I come across a deal or just something I like I'm not going to stick to one brand. I'm not going to replace everything to be the same year model when I purchase a new item. I'd be very surprised if anyone other than a shop or manufacturer rep that only has one brand for all their gear. Good question. I can't wait to see some other replies.

Scubapro reg(also own a sherwood reg), Sherwood octo(use the second stage off my SR1 for the octo), Zeagle BCD, Scubapro or Tusa fins, Oceanic mask/computer(datamask), Henderson wetsuit. None of the same brand stuff purchased in the same year.

LDS DM or Instructor?

Not where I'm from... You can always tell when one brand/item went on major sale though since everyone ends up with it. I like mixing my gear! I'm picky (and maybe a little cheap) so my stuff is all over the place.

I've got ZKY's plate with an Oxycheq wing as well. HOG regs, Hollis fins, Suunto computer, plus a bunch of DIY whosits.

I'm with ZKY.
I started buying new gear, progressed towards buying used and now try to dive either with gear I have found or built in my garage.
Something has gone sideways somewhere.

Honestly, I think the only place where I'm consistent is with my primary lights. They're all Light Monkey (or prior incarnations of the same company). I think they probably always will be.

Otherwise, I'm eclectic. I have wings from DSS, HOG and Deep Outdoors; I have plates from DSS and OMS. I have two Fusion dry suits, but I've had other brands in the past. I have undergarments from Whites, 4th Element, and Diving Concepts. I have fins from ScubaPro and Deep See and Dive Rite. My backup lights are chimaeras.

The regs are slowly but surely going all Hog, though . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom