Difference Between MK25/A700 and MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnorkelLA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Could someone (preferably someone knowledgeable on Scubapro products or an HONEST scubapro rep) please tell me every single difference down to the last molecule making up the two regulators? I'm going to be buying one of the two soon and I want to know what the difference is in them other than the coatings

Hi SnorkelLA,

You might find this helpful : SCUBAPRO - You can also compare WOB charts on our website as well, here: SCUBAPRO - MK25/A700 and here: SCUBAPRO - MK25/S600 . That should give you pretty much "down to the molecule" what the differences are, from the most HONEST source available. Happy shopping, and happy diving! If you have any other questions, let us know.

Was looking at the s600 stats and see this "Maximum low pressure: 14 bar / 203 psi"

Does that mean the regulator stops delivering air at 14 bar? I've finished a dive before around 10 bar and didn't notice regulator breathing harder or anything.

The S600 is a plastic body. The A700 is chrome plated brass. Also the S600 has a slightly larger diameter diaphram I believe but can't swear too.

Later Mon,
Nick

P.S. I have one of each... Both great. I like a metal body.

I have the mk25/a700 black tech, so the difference is +$250:D. Seriously though, the difference have been debated on various threads on the board. Consensus is that the a700 with the metal body tends to breathe a little more moist than the s600, is better in cold water diving, and the effort of breathing at depth is also noticeably better with the a700. Personally, I will never go ice diving, so can't attest to that one. Another perk of the a700 chrome body is that it serves as a barracuda lure..that's why I got the black tech (just kidding! No flames please). I'm a big fan of the mk25/a700 setup, and I think it will last a long time. Another classic metal body reg is the 109, and people still swear they are the best ever made. A700 may get that reputation one day. If you can afford the difference in price, you won't regret it.

Last edited:
The regulator second stage is designed to function even at higher 'low pressures' than 203psi; they are downstream design and will begin to freeflow instead. This would be the situation if a first stage happen to increase past its Intermediate Pressure (which is approximately 145psi for our regs).

None of our regulators will stop delivering air as long as there is gas in the tank(s).

Was looking at the s600 stats and see this "Maximum low pressure: 14 bar / 203 psi"

Does that mean the regulator stops delivering air at 14 bar? I've finished a dive before around 10 bar and didn't notice regulator breathing harder or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom