Timing specifications for underwater strobes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What specifications do you want. Since many strobes adjust power by controlling the flash duration, there is typically no simple answer to duration. If you want recycle times you can get them from the manufacturers.
Bill

Guess nowhere. But you can easily do it by yourself (If you have, or can borrow a strobe(s)) by connecting two photo-diodes to microphone input of your computer.). You can assemble it on a napkin even without soldering. And then analyze signals in Audacity for example. The only several things you have to mention:
Some microphone interfaces has only mono input. Some has a phantom power for electrets microphone – so consider polarity of your “sensors”. Will be better if you will able to get a wide range sensitivity photodiode, many of them are sensitive in red-infrared only.
You can see a bit of my “investigation” of my problem with a quite close setup here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sea-sea-society/422384-e-pl1-110a-ds-ttl-out-sync.html.
Of course all of this – is about optical synchronization protocols. By wire is a simple. “underwater strobe quench” and google will help you. Two standard connectors Sea&Sea and Nikonos.
Hope that helps.

I know there a nice place in the Philippine in Boracay. They have good beaches there. and also in Palawan.

Back
Top Bottom