Brockville July Long Weekend - Open Spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oil has been an issue there for as long as I recall.
Additional hazard on the America: Bunker C oil along the bottom. Don't come in contact with it.

Who's the charter boat operator, Ayisha?

Hi there,

The dive op is ABUCS.

Yes, the America has issues and we often do other wrecks instead of the America. The oil used to be mostly inside the ship and then it was in the holds and then even seeping out of the holds. Last year we did the America and most of us stayed away from the holds, although those that went in didn't have any oil on them. It seemed to be dispersed to me last year, but I don't know. I prefer to do something else rather than the America due to the shipping channel and the oil.

Sure the oil's been there for a while, it went down on the ship :)

Far as I know, Bunker C is viscous and does not disperse, it is hard to clean up. Once was enough for me to dive the America.

Now the Lilly, the Daryaw, the Muskellonge, the Vickery, the Keystorm, the Kingshorn, they are a different story! Great dives, Daryaw and Lillie are best done drift on, drift off...have your charter pick you up by following your lift bag.

Are you looking for people to commit to both days Ayisha?

Hi Shoredivr, all three days Sat to Mon. We pay for the whole boat, not per spot, so in order for someone to take only 2 days, we'd need someone else to take the remaining day. That keeps the per person cost the same each day depending on where the boat's going.

I agree, all the others are great and a whole other story... :)

Hi Shoredivr, all three days Sat to Mon. We pay for the whole boat, not per spot, so in order for someone to take only 2 days, we'd need someone else to take the remaining day. That keeps the per person cost the same each day depending on where the boat's going.

I agree, all the others are great and a whole other story... :)

Ayisha, I think I am a bit like shoredvr...interested but I cannot commit for entire periods as I also have other plans. As you get closer to the long weekend and you still have rooms avail on the boat, perhaps you may want to consider other people to join your group based on the vacancies and the applicable dates. In my case, depending on what you may have avail and the sites visited it I could drop by one of those days with GF and son.

On a side not, my GF and I am also diving with ABUCS on the 14th as part of a Montreal based group.

Cheers

Hi there. If you and shoredivr want to share the three days, that's perfectly fine. So if one of you takes 2 days and one of you take the remaining day, that would work.

To try to explain the pricing, to charter the boat costs the same price regardless of how many divers we have. To split the cost between, for example, 18 divers rather than 20 would cost each person more per day. The price is based on 20 (or 12) people splitting the cost of the appropriately sized boat. If we fill the boat, everyone saves about $19 off the retail/walk-on price.

---------- Post added ----------

We have a few people for partial weekends. Are you guys in?

Hi Tony, I have PM'd you back. Sorry for the delay.

It's not too late. We had filled a boat of 12 and switched to a boat of 20, so we still have a few spots left. Thanks for asking! :)

Thanks for the response, how do I sign up? Deposit etc

Hi Tony, PM sent. Please send me your email address and we can communicate further and I can include you on emails to the group.

Welcome aboard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom