Annual Dive Permits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasonmh

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I think this is the first time in 10 years that I have not received anything from the city of Santa Rosa for an annual dive permit. Anyone else get the app in the mail, or receive their permit for this year?

Thanks,
Jason

They're too busy trying to raise the rates apparently

The city of Santa Rosa is going to vote in the next city council meeting (in a few days) to raise the dive permit price from $8 to $25. Annual and instructor permits double or more. If you want your voice heard contact the City Manager or the Mayor’s office before the vote (do not contact Richard)

I sent in my applications Jan3rd for my permits. I have yet to receive them.

I was stopped once by the parks and rec director (not Stella) who asked if I had a permit in early May. I showed her my application and she told me they were having printer problems... again. I hit the place 4 times this year, last on Memorial day, no one asking for permits yet.

Thanks for the info. Glad it is not just me, but it is a shame that every year they seem to get more and more behind.

No joy here either.

There is scuttlebutt that a price increase is in the city council agenda. That could or not be the reason... :confused:

No joy here either.

There is scuttlebutt that a price increase is in the city council agenda. That could or not be the reason... :confused:

That would explain why they have not cashed my check, until they do they have the option of returning my application & check and demanding the new fee.

We got ours a few months ago, but we had to buy it there (gave application and check to Stella to turn in). They came in mail about a month afterwards. It is now just a card you keep in your wallet.

And yes, they are probably raising the rates, but then they should IMHO. This is the cheapest scuba park in the country. Look at most of the springs in Texas and Florida... they charge $25 or more per day! Some places even charge that much per dive. Yes, I know we have no control over where the money goes... but I do think it is reasonable to raise the rates for divers.
BUT I do think they MUST start charging for swimmers, also, maybe $5-10pp per day, give them a wrist band.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom