Hello From the Big Easy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcarriles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, I finally did my check out dive last weekend in Panama City at Bridge Span #1 and Vortex Springs. I am happy to say I have also checked out on Nitrox at the same time. I am glad I found this board and hope to learn a lot of information from all of the members. I have been reading some of the posts for a few days and they seem very informative. I can't wait to go on my next dive. I hope to one day be of assistance to some other new divers as my experience grows.

Welcome to scuba and Scuba Board. There is indeed a ton of information on here (including a lot of opinions, most funny to read). I'm happy to see more locals on her too! Being in Metairie I'm curious as to which dive shop you use?

I went to Harry's

I figured. That's my LDS too. I was there today for social Saturday and my wife and daughter did the try scuba. I wanted to make sure my 7 year old was okay with scuba before I signed her up for Scuba Rangers.

Hi rcarriles -

Welcome aboard! We are just down the road from you in Lafayette...it's always great to "meet" other divers nearby
:D

Welcome!

I figured. That's my LDS too. I was there today for social Saturday and my wife and daughter did the try scuba. I wanted to make sure my 7 year old was okay with scuba before I signed her up for Scuba Rangers.

How did they like the try scuba? I am trying to get my wife to try it. She is not sure if it is for her. She loves to snorkel but she doesn't know about scuba.

How did they like the try scuba? I am trying to get my wife to try it. She is not sure if it is for her. She loves to snorkel but she doesn't know about scuba.

They loved it. My wife is getting certified this Summer and we will put my daughter in Scuba Rangers next year.
My wife went diving on our honeymoon 9 years ago but wanted to make sure she still liked it.
My daughter (almost 8 years old) liked it but not quite ready for a full week yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom