Suunto Cobra 3 Issue. Please Help. In Cozumel in middle of dive vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This may not apply but are you sure you have a good connection when downloading and that there are no bugs in the software? Since it is not acting up on the dives but only giving this info when you download it I'd check on that. Also are you comparing your comp with your wife's during the dive and getting similar readings? What does your nitrogen loading graph/display say during the dive compared with your wife's. A bad cable or wonky software can give you fits.

Does the dive history on the Cobra 3 show the same thing that you are seeing in the downloaded file?

This happened with my Cobra. It is a common problem posted on many sites and very disappointing to see that they haven't fixed it in the Cobra 3. On mine, the old battery was low and if I put it back in, it would work. As soon as I put a new one in, it would "self-dive". Aqualung knew all about it when I called but said Suunto will only replace under warranty, not repair. After warranty, you are simply out of luck. Suunto's attitude and support was horrible. I have tried to warn everyone I can about this so they can avoid the units. It certainly smacks of programmed obsolescence.

Back
Top Bottom