Want to Fly U/W? Now you can!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder at the low aspect ratio of the wings .. why not high aspect wings like other unpowered devices ?
High aspect ratio is for higher speed glides, e.g. seabirds, lower aspect ratio is for slower glides with less altitude loss, e.g. raptors.

As one of only 5 people (so far) to have flown this thing, I can say that it is as good as Glenn says it is. In fact it's probably better than he says it is. I've only flown it while freediving (and I suck at freediving) and it more than tripled my distance/depth on my first go. And the best bit is that you don't feel out of breath afterwards because the Glider is doing all the work for you, so you're ready to head straight back down after only a single breath at the surface. :D

I don't freedive, but I would if I could try it on that. Looks like it could be fun.

wow! that is really cool where can i buy this stuff? I think I can use this when I already have time to dive again. any suggestion where I can buy this?

He was probably carrying the spare air to put air in the ballast when it ran out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom