Aurora Reservoir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g2:
Yep. I get cold easily. Even on hot days I still dive dry to keep up my drysuit skills.

I'm ready to get back in the water...

I don't own any exposure protection yet, so I'll probably have to rent a 7 mil suit. I would like to try out Aurora in the next couple weeks. I just have to figure out what weekend will work the best. If anyone makes a trip I would be interested.

Dove Aurora the other day. Surface temp was 62, temp at the plane was 51. Vis was 12 feet or so in the morning. Quite a few fish hanginging around the plane..mostly bass. Big crawdads. One was having a little wrestling match with a bass. Big mayfly hatch which was a nuisance. Saw a rattler near the parking lot. Overall, fun day and worth it. Anything too cold for a 5mm, I dive dry..so that was the rule for the weekend. :)

I was just there this weekend temp was 61 at surface and 57 ish at the plane. I was thinking about going again this week or weekend RMA do you want to join me for a dive soon?

I'm not sure I can get out this weekend, but I might be able to the next weekend, June 8th. I'll have to rent a wet suit until I can get out with an instructor and the dry suit that I ordered.

No, my parents extended their visit from back east and I had a few other things pop up here locally. I am heading out of town for a few days this Thursday so it'll be maybe Saturday the 23rd or Sunday the 24th before I get the chance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom